Globall Sports Centers Privacy Statement
Updated September 23, 2021
We receive information you voluntarily provide to us when you: (1) open an account with us; (2) utilize our services; (3) apply for a credit card; (4) make a purchase; (5) apply for a license (e.g., hunting, fishing, etc.) or conduct a similar type transaction; (6) contact us via any customer service method; (7) submit user-generated content (via our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise); (8) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions; or (9) otherwise communicate information to us.
Some of the information is considered “Personal Information.” Personal Information includes your name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver’s license number, social security number, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number. We may also collect other information such as permit number(s), credit application information and demographic/lifestyle information (including date of birth, personal interests and product/buying preferences).
The collection of certain types of Personal Information may be necessary and/or required for governmental compliance (e.g., hunting, fishing or firearms licensing or purchasing).
Additionally, we may receive Personal Information and other information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on behalf of you, including gift recipients, online registrations/purchases, ship-from-store, in-store pick-up, or registries. We may also receive Personal Information and other information from sources assisting us with updating, improving and/or analyzing our records or with detecting fraud or theft. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
We may collect “Automated Information” through Cookies (as defined below), Web Beacons (as defined below) and other related automated means (collectively, “Information Technologies”). Automated Information we collect via Information Technologies includes internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic information, user ID(s), and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
We use Information Technologies to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels. “Cookies” are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive. “Web Beacons” (also known as pixel tags) are a form of technology placed within our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information enables the tailoring of advertisements and offers specifically for you. In addition to such tailoring, we use Automated Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
The browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website’s collection of your personal information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services. At this time, our Websites do not respond to these preferences, and our Websites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy.
We may enable third parties to collect information in connection with our Websites. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of information by third parties on our Websites.
We use, collect and disclose your information consistent with this Policy, as updated from time to time, and you consent to such use, collection and disclosure by your use of our: (1) Websites; (2) Internet Marketing Channels; and (3) marketing programs (e.g., loyalty programs).
You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communications. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., recalls, product information and service/reminder notices). In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the “Contact Customer Service” link below to opt-out or update certain preferences.
Based upon your visit(s) to our Websites and elsewhere on the Internet and your interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Websites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict Information Technologies, you may access our Websites and Internet Marketing Channels, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify, you may still see or receive DICK’S advertisements on our Websites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
Additionally, we work with advertising networks that utilize the browsing history of your visits to our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you DICK’S advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. We do not permit such networks to provide your browsing history on any of our Websites to any other site. Some of these networks may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please click here.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to third parties. We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
- Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
- Maintaining our loyalty programs, including the ScoreCard, the Advantage Club and Sportsman’s Advantage Club.
- Processing credit card applications and payments.
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
- Registering and servicing your account(s).
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
- Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Websites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of an interest to you.
- Protecting the security and integrity of our stores, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
In doing so, we:
- May combine certain Personal Information, customer information and Automated Information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
- May transfer or disclose such information within our Family of Businesses, including affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- Will retain such information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as we deem reasonably necessary.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in ways consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
- With third party businesses (including organizations for which we host sites) and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing vendors, payment card processors, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity. While we are not involved in the day-to-day operations of such businesses and providers, our agreements generally obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep your Personal Information safe and secure, and not use your Personal Information for purposes other than providing their applicable services.
- As we deem necessary, in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
- Specifically, certain Personal Information, in connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services, including our private label credit card(s).
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of DICK’S, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- If you have a DICK’S account, log-in to such account via one of our Websites. After securely entering your account, you can update your name, e-mail address, password, loyalty card information, billing/shipping address, etc. by entering or revising the information as reflected therein, or you may close your account(s) and request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products.
- Click on the “Contact Customer Service” link at the bottom of any of our Websites. This link will provide you the opportunity to contact DICK’S via phone, e-mail or U.S. postal mail. Please provide your current and complete contact information with these requests.
- We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are impractical.
- After closing your account(s), or updating or revising any information within your account(s) or any Information Technologies associated with your device(s), we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our back-up system(s).
- Closing or updating information relating to one DICK’S account (e.g., a DICK’S online shopping account) does not guarantee the closing or updating of a separate and different DICK’S account (e.g., a Golf Galaxy shopping account or a DICK’S loyalty card account). If you desire to close or update multiple DICK’S accounts, please log-in to each specific account to do so, or please contact the correct and applicable Customer Service department associated with each such account.
In our efforts to maintain accurate and complete information, we utilize third party entities to assist us with updating and maintaining current contact information (e.g., National Change of Address or NCOA).
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your information and online transactions with us. Our Websites utilize encryption technology, including Secure Sockets Layer, to protect your information that we transport across the internet. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are password protected with restricted online access.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect your information that we maintain at our facilities. While no company can guarantee your information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use physical, administrative and technical controls that are consistent with retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks.
Our Websites are “general audience” websites and not directed toward children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without express parental consent. If you are a parent or guardian and think we have unauthorized information about your child who is under the age of 13, please let us know by contacting us through the “Contact Customer Service” link below.
Third Party Links
Our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties’ sites.
We may, from time to time, update and revise this Policy. Please periodically check this Policy for any updates or revisions. In the event we make a material change to how we use your information, we will provide you with advance notice and the opportunity to opt-out of such use.