Youth League Rule Handbook (v1.0-2020)
- NO CLEATS
- ABSOLUTELY NO FOOD OR DRINK IN SPECTATOR AREA
- NO JEWELRY
- NO SLIDING OR SLIDE TACKLING
- SHIN GUARDS MANDATORY
- NO GUM IS PERMITTED IN THE FACILITY
- NO SPITTING
- SHOW GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP AT ALL TIMES
- ALL TEAMS MUST HAVE APPROPRIATE UNIFORMS
- NO REMATCHES ALLOWED
- NO ADDITIONAL PLAYERS ALLOWED AFTER SUBMITTING ROSTER
- NO FOUL LANGUAGE, OR VULGAR CHANTING FROM TEAM
- MINIMUM OF 5 PLAYERS REQUIRED TO START GAME FOR 6v6
- MINIMUM OF 6 PLAYERS REQUIRED TO START GAME FOR 8v8
- REFEREE FEES MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO GAME IN ORDER TO AVOID FORFEITURE
- $50 PENALTY FEE WILL BE INCURRED IF A TEAM FORFEITS A GAME
- NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK IS ALLOWED IN THE FACILITY
- NO FOUL LANGUAGE, OR VULGAR CHANTING FROM FANS
- NO SMOKING OR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON PREMISES
- CONTINUOUS VERBAL ABUSE TO REFEREE OR LEAGUE OFFICIAL WILL RESULT IN A 2 MINUTE PENALTY IN FAVOR OF OPPOSING TEAM
- SPECTATORS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES
Games cannot be rescheduled or changed once the league schedule has been posted on the Globall Sports Centers website. No exceptions!
All players must be born in their assigned calendar year (see below). Younger players are permitted to play “up” on older teams, but no player may play “down” on younger teams. NO PLAYER MAY BE REGISTERED WITH MORE THAN ONE TEAM OR SWITCH FROM ONE TEAM TO ANOTHER DURING THE LEAGUE.
• U7 (2013), U8 (2012), U9 (2011), U10 (2010), U11 (2009), U12 (2008), U13 (2007), U14 (2006), High School (2005-2002)
- 38 minutes running time (no halftime)
Field Dimensions – 40 yards x 30 yards (6v6)
Field Dimensions – 60 yards x 40 yards (8v8)
- Ball size: U7 – U12 – Size 4 / U13 & Up – Size 5
- No Offsides
- Substitutions – On the fly
- Direct and Indirect – FIFA rules apply unless otherwise specified in Rule Book
- Penalty Kicks – FIFA rules apply unless otherwise specified in Rule Book
- Corner Kicks – FIFA rules apply unless otherwise specified in Rule Book
- Goal Kicks – specified below
All games are 38 minutes running time – No Halftime. There is a 2 minute break between games. Teams coming off must exit the field immediately. Teams coming on must be prepared to start the game immediately (no warm-up time or space designated).
- Time kept on the field by referee (running time).
- No overtime play
- Games start promptly according to league schedule – no exceptions.
- Failure to field a team will result in a team forfeit.
Teams are awarded: 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points for a loss. The league standings are determined by the following:
- Head to Head Competition (not used if more than 2 teams tied with points)
- Most Wins
- Goal Differential *All league games will be capped at a 5-goal maximum.
Example: An 8-1 win will be recorded as 6-1. This is in place to avoid running up the score.
- Goals For
- Goals Against
- Most shutouts
If a team forfeits a game, the opposing team will be awarded with a win, five goals scored, and zero goals against.
In the event a team is down 5 goals or more, they may add an additional player. Example: Team A 5- Team B 0, Team A may add 1 player advantage while there remains a +3-goal differential.
All scores, results and standings will be posted on www.globallsportscenters.com
The soccer ball will be placed in the center of the field, to start games and after goals are scored.
- Opposing team must stand 5 yards back from the kick-off marker.
- A goal cannot be scored directly from the kick-off.
- If the ball is kicked directly in on a kick-in.
No throw-ins. Balls that go out of bounds will be played in by a Kick-In — ball must be completely stopped and placed on the line where the ball went out. Players must stand 5 yards away from all kick-ins. In-bounding team has 5 seconds to get the ball in play.
Other boundary rules:
- Goalkeeper cannot punt the ball. Keeper may become a field player entitled to
kick the ball in the air over half-line if (a) goalkeeper rolls the ball on the ground,
or (b) goalkeeper lets ball bounce twice before kicking.
- Goal kicks must be taken from the goal box.
- Corner kicks must be placed on designated line or between line and corner flag.
ONLINE Team Roster
- A completed online team roster is due prior to the first scheduled game.
- Rosters are not considered complete if players do not fill out an insurance waiver form.
- Coaches may not add or substitute players once the roster has been submitted.
- Players cannot play for another team in the same league.
- Player identification needs to be available prior to each game or participant(s) may not play.
U7 to U13/14: (6v6)
- Each team is allowed 15 players on the roster.
- Five field players and a goalkeeper consist of a team.
- A minimum of 5 players is needed to field a team.
- Less than 5 players result in an automatic team forfeit.
U13/14 to High School: (8v8)
- Each team is allowed 16 players on the roster.
- Seven field players and a goalkeeper consist of a team.
- A minimum of 6 players is needed to field a team.
- Less than 6 players results in an automatic team forfeit.
Team Bench & Substitutions
- Only two adults are permitted to coach from the team bench.
- All other adults must watch the game from the spectator area.
- Coaches and players may not cross over the designated team bench area.
- Players who are not playing need to be seated on their team bench.
- All team bags must be placed neatly behind team bench.
- Coaches and players must leave their team bench immediately after their game.
- Players are responsible to clean up any garbage from their team bench.
- Unlimited substitutions.
- All players are substituted on the fly.
- Substituted players must first come off the field before a new player may enter.
- All substituting players and coaches must remain on team bench during the game.
- Coaches may not enter the field at any time unless the referee permits – failure to comply will result in a two-minute penalty.
- Goalkeepers who are substituted must be differentiated with a different colored team shirt.
Fouls & Penalties
The following card system applies for fouls and penalties at Globall Sports Center:
- Yellow Card = Two Minute Penalty
- Two Yellow Cards = Player Ejection from Game
- Red Card = Player Ejection from Game & Following League Game
Two-minute penalties occur when:
- Physical confrontation between players on or off the ball.
- A player blatantly fouls another player.
- A player delays the game in any form.
- A player or coach who consistently argues with the referee.
- A player, coach or parent uses abusive language.
- A parent from a respective team does not comply with the parent acknowledgement form or argues with a referee and/or league administrator.
- A player purposely obstructs the flow of the game by using their hands.
Players in U11 (2009) programs and younger shall not engage in heading. The referee will call a “foul” and reward the opposing team with an indirect kick. If it is a combined U11/12 division, heading is not permitted for 2009 players.
Build Out Line
When the goalkeeper has the ball in his or her hands during play from the opponent, the opposing team must move behind the build out line until the ball is put into play. Once the opposing team is behind the build out line, the goalkeeper can pass, throw or roll the ball into play (punts and drop kicks are not allowed). After the ball is put into play by the goalkeeper, the opposing team can cross the build out line and play resumes as normal. The opposing team must also move behind the build out line prior to a goal kick and may only cross the build out line once the ball has left the penalty area. If a goalkeeper punts or drop kicks the ball, an indirect free kick should be awarded to the opposing team from the spot of the offense. If the punt or drop kick occurs within the goal area, the indirect free kick should be taken on the goal area line parallel to the goal line at the nearest point to where the infringement occurred. The build out line will also be used to denote where offside offenses can be called. Players cannot be penalized for an offside offense between the halfway line and the build out line. Players can be penalized for an offside offense between the build out line and goal line.
A power play occurs when the referee gives a two-minute penalty to a player, coach or parent. The player who receives a two-minute penalty will have to remain on their bench until the referee signals that the two minute penalty has ended.
- If the opposing team scores a goal during a power play the two-minute penalty is terminated – player may enter the game again.
- If players on both teams are issued a two-minute penalty, both players must sit out the full two-minute duration regardless if a goal is scored and may not enter
the field of play until the referee signals them on.
- If a goalkeeper receives a two-minute penalty, one of the goalkeeper’s teammates must sit-out a two-minute duration.
- If a coach or parent receives a two-minute penalty, one of the players on the team must sit out a two minute duration.
Outdoor rules apply for all free kicks unless otherwise stated below. Opposing players must provide 5 yards from the ball at all times.
The following indoor rules will result in an indirect free kick:
- If goalkeeper throws the ball over the midfield line (goalkeeper must play the ball with their feet outside their goal box before they can play the ball over midfield). Ball is spotted at midfield.
- If goal kick is kicked over the midfield line without making contact with a player.
- If goalie punts the ball. NO punting allowed.
- If ball makes contact with lights or ceiling of the facility.
- A player heads the ball (U11 & younger only).
A penalty kick is awarded against a team that commits a direct kick foul inside the goal box. Penalty kicks are taken from the top center of the goal box – indicated by penalty kick marker. All players, except for the goalkeeper and the kicker, must stand behind midfield until the ball is kicked.
The coach of the forfeited team agrees to pay a $50.00 penalty fee when his/her team forfeits a game. Failure to submit the $50.00 penalty fee prior to the next scheduled game will result in the team’s dismissal from the league. Additionally, the forfeited team will be penalized three (3) points from the league standings on top of the forfeited game.
- Teams who are 5 minutes late to their scheduled game will automatically forfeit their match.
- Teams who have less than the minimum number of players required at the start of match will forfeit their game.
- Teams that do not pay the referee fee prior to the game will forfeit the match.
- No rematches or make-ups will be awarded.
- If game is forfeited, the opposing team may utilize the time slot for team training or scrimmage.
- No refunds of any kind are given once the team has registered in the league.
Players, coaches and spectators are always expected to act in the nature of good sportsmanship. There will be no abuse (verbal or otherwise) of referees or league officials tolerated. Any indication of such behavior by a coach or parent will result in immediate removal from Globall Sports Centers.
We are all here to play soccer and have fun!
- The referees will have sole jurisdiction over the conduct of the game. It is the
responsibility of the winning team or in case of a tie, the home team, to report the
score to the League Director located at the front desk.
- If a referee terminates a game for any reason, the score at the time of the termination will stand.
- NO PROTESTS will be considered or allowed.
- If the League Rules appear to be violated, the matter may be brought to the
attention of the League Director for the final resolution.
- All decisions made by the League Director will be final.
Unfortunately, we are unable to reschedule games due to inclement weather conditions. If a team feels it is unsafe to attend a scheduled game due to inclement weather the coach must call Globall Sports Centers a minimum of three hours prior to game time. If a team forfeits a scheduled game, we will notify the opposing team as early as possible. The opposing team has the option of using the facility for training during their scheduled game time. No fine will be levied to a team who does not attend a game due to
Dismissal from Youth League
The result of a coach, parent, or team fan involved in any type of physical confrontation with other spectators, referees and/or league officials will automatically disqualify their entire team from the league.
** If not stated within this handbook, outdoor rules will apply to the indoor league. Any questions regarding the rules of the league should be directed to a Globall Sports Centers Official.